What We’ve Been Working On
The Conversion Team has finished building the initial extraction files using the information gathered during their data mapping sessions. The files have been loaded into the Configuration Tenant in preparation for client validation.
As we move into the C&P Stage, this data will be used in the upcoming months by:
- The Finance, HR, and Research Administration Strategy Teams to validate, test, and adjust their business processes
- The Integration Team to write programs that send data from Workday to various other systems
- The Reporting Team to create reports that will be used to better analyze the data
The Integrations Team completed development for work package 1 and is over halfway done with development work in work package 2. Work package 3 is expected to kick off later this month. The following integrations are included in work packages 2 and 3:
- CONUS expense rate information
- US Bank
- Components of PersonHub worker and student worker demographics
- Department of Workforce Development wage files
- Hire Right & Recruiting
- Multiple Jaggaer integrations
In addition, the team continues to work with the Finance, HR, and Research Administration Strategy Teams to develop integration design documents for work packages 8 through 12.
The collection of proposed final ancillary system dispositions for UW-Milwaukee and the comprehensive institutions is expected to wrap up this week. Further analysis of each system will need to be completed as we enter the C&P Stage. The team has started contacting system owners across the UW System to gather additional information needed to prepare for next steps.
- Systems with a disposition of “keep” will have a gap and cost analysis completed, an integration plan developed, a security assessment supplied, and approval of the data governance.
- Systems with a disposition of “replace” will require benefits realization, business process redesign or alignment, data conversions, and reporting requirements gathering, as well as the development of a transition and communication plan.
In the spirit of transparency, a sortable, searchable list of all ancillary systems inventoried for disposition has been posted to ATP’s secure website and is available to anyone with a UW login. This list will be updated on a regular basis so, as decisions are made for each system, end users can see the outcomes of the systems that affect their day-to-day operations.
In preparation for the C&P Stage, the Security Team has implemented single sign-on (SSO) for the Configuration (or End-to-End) Tenant and has confirmed an approach for security group assignments. The team has also completed the Access Management Plan for both the Configuration and Training Tenants.
They continue to hold Configurable Security Requirement sessions and have completed review of all available FSPDs.
Data and Reporting
The Data and Reporting Strategy Team has received requirements for the 40 reports in work package 1 from the Finance, HR, and Research Administration Design Teams. The team has started reviewing the files and holding follow-up conversations to discuss lingering questions. The timelines and reports in work packages 2 and 3 have been solidified, and the team has communicated with those involved.
The following teams have reports in work package 2:
- Absence Management
- Banking & Settlement
- Core HR
- Grants Management (Post-Award)
- Payroll Accounting
- Time Tracking