If you are wondering what’s happening with Workday, here’s what you need to know now:
- The primary goal of ATP is to standardize business processes, and Workday is the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that will streamline most finance, human resources, and research administration workflows at every UW System institution.
- Workday will serve as a single destination for administrative staff to perform most of their work, replacing the Human Resource System (HRS) and Shared Financial System (SFS), as well as hundreds of ancillary systems.
- Some of the workflows that will be standardized with Workday include:
Finance Human Resources Research Administration Accounts receivable Absence management Award closeout Cash management Benefits Award setup and maintenance* Internal billing Onboarding Grants management* Supply chain management Recruiting Sponsor billing and receivables
Discover the finance, HR, and research administration processes that will be performed in Workday.
- Business process design work will continue through June 2023, so any demonstration you have seen so far may not be the final version of Workday — but we’re getting closer!
- Beginning in July 2023 through early 2024, ATP will test the way we’ve set up Workday and make any adjustments needed before formal end-user training begins in March 2024.
- If you’re eager for a sneak peek, Workday Walkthroughs will introduce you to Workday and are accessible to anyone with a UW login.